Community Presentations and Trainings
Queen City Counseling & Consulting is passionate about providing education, community outreach, and awareness around mental health topics relevant to our adolescent and young adult populations.
We offer speaking engagements, trainings, and consultations upon request to other professionals in the community including schools with options aimed towards teaching staff, students, or their parents, as well as churches, girl/boy scout communities, and other health care and clinical providers.
Presentation Topics Include (but are not limited to)
- Understanding risks and warning signs of depression and suici
- Teacher and other helping professionals trainings on how to react and respond to students with mental health struggles.
- Understanding the levels of care for treatment and resources in our community
- Understanding our brain/body response to stress and trauma
- Coping skills for depression and anxiety
- Parent support topics
- Healthy vs. Unhealthy relationships
- How to effectively communicate to your child/student
Queen City is happy to provide customized trainings or speaking engagements based on your needs and topics desired. Please contact us regarding speaking opportunities that would best fit your needs.